Time is an interesting concept. It feels like COVID has been with us forever, but it’s only been 2 years. Things that happened just months ago feel like they are in the distant past. At least, that is how it feels to me lately.
As I reviewed this past year, I decided to reacquaint myself with my past year of blogging. I was surprised at how quickly I’ve forgotten all that happened this past year – like the Summer Olympics! This happened last summer and it seems like years ago.
Anyone up for a stroll down Meeting Memory Lane?
- Back in the beginning of the year, I shared some predictions for meetings in 2021. I am sure that many of you sanitized meeting spaces to the nth degree, went hybrid and have become experts at virtual meetings. For those that did in person meetings, did anyone use the blue tooth bracelets I mentioned in the blog? The idea was that these bracelets would buzz if any attendees got too close to each other for social distancing comfort.
- Beyond virtual, how many of you took up podcasting? It’s still a very valid choice, not only is it a great way to increase excitement for your upcoming event, but it can keep up the momentum and engagement post event as well. Your presenters will love being a guest and are sure to share the podcast with their audience, thereby expanding your reach!
- During the time of COVID we had to think a bit differently about meetings. This past year I shared information about outdoor events, creating micro-experiences and food trends that included safety as a top-of-mind priority.
- Your potential sponsors are still looking for opportunities to work with you, make sure to catch all the blogs I shared about new ways to help your partners shine!
- Finally, HelmsBriscoe pulled together some amazing and well researched data concerning safety about masks, aircraft cabin air, meeting spaces environments and more.
What’s in store for 2022? I will talk about this in my next blog, stay tuned!