The pandemic created a lot of pivots into the digital space. And while marketing has always been a big part of the event planning equation, it is even more so today, especially as digital marketing continues to move to the front of the line. There are many things to consider when partnering with the ideal digital marketer.
- Many skill sets required: Companies looking to hire a social media manager should note that social media requires many different types of skills; it’s not a one-person gig. Instead, it takes a team! Creative minds are needed for creating content, designing campaigns, etc. Analytical minds are needed for effective digital advertising, measurement and analytics. Social pages never sleep so it’s a good idea to have eyes on pages from sun up to well after sun down, on the weekends and holidays.
- Many platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok, Instagram, Clubhouse, wow! A good digital marketer can guide you on which platforms are best, how to best utilize the platforms in order to effectively show up as well as a mix of content to make the most of your presence.
- Many direct connections: A marketing agency should have direct access to the platforms, meaning that they can both talk to the tech, but also have access to actual human beings. When ads, for example, are rejected by bots, it will save a lot of time and headaches if a person can be contacted so that actual human eyes can look at the ad and get it approved. Bots often catch words within the ad that are “suspect” but actually fine. Plus, direct access to platform personnel can ensure your presence is being optimized to the highest degree.
- Many eyes: As mentioned before, social pages never sleep. People use social pages for customer service. And though they can generally find answers to frequently asked questions, for specific questions they will turn to social pages or website chats. A good agency will check on your pages several times a day in order to answer any questions that come in.
- Many more marketing offers: Have you tried text marketing? Great way to get right to your attendees and potential attendees. Don’t forget that traditional marketing is still viable! Some digital agencies understand the value of traditional marketing and now pair it with digital media in order to create a powerful mix. For example, if direct mail has worked well in the past, don’t abandon it, but do consider adding a digital element that will help drive potential attendees to landing pages, websites, etc.
If you are wondering where to start, start with me! I can get you in front of marketing agencies with a proven track record that can help you craft a digital presence that meets your brand and proves ROI.