This weekend we will be celebrating our nation’s birthday. For many of us, a big part of that celebration will be grilling. Here are some grilling hacks to help you make the most of your barbecue.
- If you use a charcoal barbecue pit, keep hold of your cardboard egg cartons. Pop a piece of charcoal in each egg compartment, place it in your barbecue and light the carton on fire. Great way to recycle those egg cartons and make your life all the easier.
- Juggling those grilled goodies can be challenging. A mini cooler is an ideal way to keep side items warm while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Want to make you grill non-stick? Heat up your grill and grab an onion. No kidding! Just cut the onion in half and rub the cut side on the heated grill gate.
- Speaking of sticky situations, one of the biggest stuck-to-the-grill offenders is fish. Slice up some lemons and use them as a bed for grilling your fish; adds flavor and prevents sticking!
- Ice cubed hamburgers does not sound awesome, but it actually is. If you place an ice cube in the center of your burger before cooking, the ice cube will dissolve during the grilling process, keeping the inside of the burger moist, while making the outside crispy. Yummy!
- If you are making kabobs, double up on the skewers. This will help to better secure your meat or veggies onto the skewers and lesson the likelihood of goodies falling through the grill.
- Hotdogs are a standard grilled item, but you can go extraordinary by learning to spiral cut your dog.
- Barbecue sauce is an important factor! You may not have time to make your own sauce, but here’s hack for giving a homemade flavor to a store bought sauce.
Have a Happy 4th of July and may you be named Que Master at your BBQ!